The Black & Decker NPP2018 18-Volt Cordless Electric Pole Chain Saw - A Review

When I first got my hands on the Black & Decker NPP2018 18-Volt Cordless Electric Pole Chain Saw I jumped to a few conclusions. The first, there is no way that a cordless electric pole chainsaw will have the power to chop through the tree limbs I had set up for it. The second, This chainsaw is going to be heavy and uncomfortable. The third thing I thought was that this electric chainsaw will be broken before my review day was over. Well, I was pleasantly surprised with this little guy!

Black And Decker Drill Set

Lets discuss the power of the Black & Decker NPP2018 18-Volt Cordless Electric Pole Chain Saw. It comes uses a 18 - volt Nicad battery to power the 8 inch cutting bar. I followed the instructions and made sure the battery was fully charged first. Then I took it to work. I had a lot to cut and I was really trying to test the limits of this chainsaw. I got through about 30 limbs that ranged between 1 inch and 3 inches before the battery started showing any signs of letting up. At no point did the saw seem to be strained or working over time. It just kept powering away.

Black And Decker Drill Set

Now on to the weight of the saw. It can extend to 14 feet and it is listed as weighing 7.6 pounds. The heaviest part is by far the battery which is good because that's usually at the base when you are working with it. The saw did not become flimsy as I expected when it was fully extended. The motor near the top of the saw is not overly heavy and it does not get in the way either. I think the fact that this day was close to 90 degrees made it seem a little heavier to me but yard work is yard work.

The Black & Decker NPP2018 18-Volt Cordless Electric Pole Chain Saw turned out to be a lot more durable that I had originally expected. After it was doing so well with the limbs I was cutting I tried to push it a little. I found a big branch that needed to come down. This was about 4 and a half inches. This was the only time that the saw ran into some trouble. Like I said I was pushing this electric chainsaw to its limits.

Overall, the Black and Decker electric pole chainsaw far exceeded my expectations. The one thing I did not like was feeling a little bit of a lack of control when cutting in fully extended mode. This could have been my fault though. Everything else this saw claims it can do was not fluff at all. If you have a few small to medium sized tree limbs that need pruning this electric chainsaw is the perfect addition to your garage.

The Black & Decker NPP2018 18-Volt Cordless Electric Pole Chain Saw - A Review
Black And Decker Drill Set

Tft Sunvisor